Welcome to our website.
‘Rockwood is a wonderful school where every child is known and valued’ (Ofsted 2014)
I hope you find this website useful and that it provides the information about our school you are looking for. If you wish to find out more, please contact us to arrange a visit. We have recently been inspected as a school by Ofsted and they were extremely positive about us. Please have a look through our website and our facebook page to find out why. Click on our 'News' page to find out what we have been up to recently. You can pick up an application form from school or download it here. Please return completed forms to the school. We hope to see you soon.Faith Stringer Headteacher
Rockwood is an OUTSTANDING Nursery School, situated in a lovely old house, with fabulous gardens and play area.
We are a popular, well respected, school that supports children, parents, staff and governors working, living and learning together in our local community. We work strongly as a team, creating a supportive and challenging environment.
"Many parents [said] the school was like a ‘big family’ as reflected by one parent who said, ‘The staff treat the children as if they were their own.’" (Ofsted 2014)
We aim to make the years the children spend at Rockwood challenging, fulfilling and happy so that, by the time they move onto the next stage, they will be competent, confident learners who take pleasure and pride in their achievements.
- A Safe and Secure environment where your children may learn and play;
- A fully trained, up-to-date, friendly staff (including qualified teachers) to care for your children;
- A unique, sensory-rich, Victorian building set in extensive grounds;
- Access to government-funded care of 15 hours per week for 3 - 4 year olds;
- As of September 2015, the school has extended the age range so children of 2 - 5 years can attend 5 days a week, from 07:30 - 17:30 with extra paid sessions.
- Ofsted registered - read our latest (October 2014) report;
- Supported by Lancashire County Council;
- Valued by our community - we have seen many generations of families in our 60+ years history.
There has been a great deal of development in the school in recent years, including a new playground, improved garden area and forest school. Staff work extremely hard and there is a strong sense of supportive teamwork.
“Children achieve exceptionally well and make outstanding progress in all areas of development, regardless of their starting points.”